Omeir Saeed added another title to his growing collection with victory in the UAE Wakeboard Championship in Abu Dhabi.
The 21-year-old Red Bull athlete lived up to his reputation as the country’s top performer with another impressive display to top the Freeride category for professional riders.
Making it a perfect day for the family, his 11 year old brother Ahmed won the junior category in the event which was hosted by Abu Dhabi International Marine Sports Club. Shaikh Abdulla Suood Faisal Salem Al Qasimi topped the novice category.
The championship, which took place off the capital’s Breakwater, saw 26 competitors performing a wide range of tricks when towed behind a motor boat travelling at speeds of 30-40km/hr.
Free Ride Category:
1. Omeir Saeed Omeir Yousef Al Mheiri (UAE)
2. Khaled Matar Matar Subaa Al Ali (UAE)
3. Sultan Khaled Salmeen Theeban (UAE)
1. Ahmed Saeed Omeir Yousef Al Mheiri (UAE)
2. Mohammed Naser Mohammed Bahder AlBloushi (UAE)
3. Hamed Naser Mohammed Bahadur AlBloushi (Syria)
1. Sheikh Abdulla Suood Faisal Salem Al Qasimi (UAE)
2. Ahmad Badr Mohammed Al Sayyed Hasan Al Hashimi (UAE)
3. Mohamed Amir Faiad (UAE)