200 guests were at the Novotel in Southampton this evening to celebrate the 2016 British Powerboat Racing Champions and Speed Record setters.
Below are the ‘Special Awards’ that were presented by Preben Sorensen from Norway at the RYA Powerboat Awards Ceremony, the various prizes acknowledged either acumen, vocation, dedication or philanthropy in the sport.
When picking up his Marathon Class A National Championship trophy, Richard Carr led a minutes silence in memory of Tim Powell, Offshore Racer and organiser extraordinaire, who recently passed away.
Over £2000.00 was raised for awareness of stillbirth and children’s charities which was overseen by Tom and Aisha Montgomery-Swan.
Photos by Chris Davies
- Lifetime Service Award – Contribution to sport as a competitor and volunteer
Sue Tassell along with family members collects her late father’s John Tassell Lifetime Service Award
- Tony Needell Award – Outstanding Service Contribution
Osprey Rescue Team
- 2016 Ian Stirling Memorial – Contribution ‘in the Spirit of the Sport’
Steve Lowe (below) and Hollie Woodhouse
- BJ Noone Memorial Award – Oustanding Achievement
- 2016 Best Newcomer – Offshore Class
Seb Watts and Josh Broadbent
- 2016 Best Newcomer – Circuit Class
- Event Sponsor
Banks Candle Co., Your Print Partner Ltd and Powerboat GP / Stuart Maclaren, Jason Brewer & Luke Jones
- 2016 RYA Industry Award: Best Contribution From A Marine Supplier
John Guille / Guille Design
- 2016 RYA Industry Award: Best Sponsorship Of A Powerboat Racing Team
Team WNT (Steve Hoult collects the trophy)
- 2016 RYA Industry Award: Best Contribution From A Host Venue
Inverclyde Council and Riverside Inverclyde
- 2016 RYA Powerboat Racing Youth Ambassadors
Harvey Smith, Tiegan Goodfellow and Ben Jelf
- 2016 RYA Powerboat Racing Ambassadors
Neil Jackson, Sharon Atlee and Bill Owen
- 2016 RYA Powerboat Club Of the Year
Lowestoft & Oulton Broad Motorboat Club