UIM F4-S – Race 4 – Portimão, Portugal
Rashed Al-Qamzi started the day five-points clear of Ferdinand Zandbergen in the championship standings and he (53.81sec) and Kalle Viippo (53.15sec) were the class of the field in the opening minutes of qualifying, although Al-Mehairbi (53.97sec) moved up to third of the 10 drivers with five minute remaining.
Viippo maintained his advantage into the race and headed Al-Qamzi by 5.44 seconds through lap four, as Al-Mehairbi slipped to the foot of the leader board with mechanical issues and Zandbergen moved up to third.
The leading trio held station at the halfway point, with Viippo leading Al-Qamzi by 8.74 seconds and the Emirati running well clear of the pursuing Dutchman.
The flying Finn retained his composure to claim the win and Al-Qamzi consolidated his series lead with second place after 20 laps.
Zandbergen slipped to third in the championship after rounding off the podium places.
2016 UIM F4-S Trophy – positions after race 4:
1. Rashed Al-Qamzi (UAE) Team Abu Dhabi – 67 pts
2. Kalle Viippo (FIN) Team Sweden – 62 pts
3. Ferdinand Zandbergen (NLD) Baba Racing – 59 pts
4. Bingchen Wu (CHN) CTIC F1 China Team – 36 pts
5. Mohamed Al-Yamahi (UAE) Victory Team – 26 pts
6. Tom Chiappe (FRA) EMIC Racing Team – 16 pts
7. Ali Bin Shaiban (UAE) Emirates Racing Team – 15 pts
8. Mohammed Al-Mehairbi (UAE) Team Abu Dhabi – 8 pts
8. Paolo Longhi (ITA) Blaze Performance Team – 8 pts
10. Jeremy Brisset (FRA) F1 Atlantic Team – 7 pts