Southend’s Kerry Bobin and Bermuda’s Errin Butterfield spun at the last turn mark in the Class 3 race at the helm of their Mercury-powered Twister catamaran, Motorvated Bermuda, and that enabled Bobin’s son – the 2016 UIM 3A World Champion Jack Bobin – and Stuart Unwin to claim the win in Motorvated Racing after a thrilling ding-dong tussle that entertained the crowds off Bournemouth Pier.
The X77 crew of Graham Reeder and Martin Foster reached the chequered flag in a close third place in Ananab Racing on the opening round of the British Offshore Racing series, being organised by 2017 Moto and sanctioned by the UKOPRA.
Sunbury’s Thomas Pelham and Brian Pelham won Class N and finished fourth in The Beaver Returns, while Dave Sheldon and Chris Bailey entered their Phantom 19G under the co-sponsoring Multispark Race Products banner and rounded off the top five.
Class 3 – Results
1. A26 – Jack Bobin/Stuart Unwin – Motorvated Racing 1hr 18min 49sec
2. B25 – Kerry Bobbin/Errin Butterfield – Motorvated Bermuda 1hr 20min 04sec
3. X77 – Graham Reeder/Martin Foster – Ananab Racing 1hr 20min 09sec
4. N10 – Thomas Pelham/Brian Pelham – The Beaver Returns 1hr 24min 25sec
5. A22 – Dave Sheldon/Chris Bailey – Multispark Race Products 1hr 25min 21sec
6. B4 – Max Walker/Darryn Harrison – Race R Division 1hr 26min 08sec
7. A24 – Shaki Easton/M’kai Hodsol – Bermuda Motivation 1hr 26min 15sec
8. A5 – Lee Ornsby/Josh Lindsay – Licence to Thrill 1hr 29min 49sec
9. B88. Mark Terry/Suzanne Cosgrave – Dirty Deeds L1
A162. Richard Comben/David Taylor – Ace of Spades DSQ
A66 – Malcolm Dopson/Ben Brown – White Fusion DSQ
Photo: Chris Davies
Neil Perkins established NDP Publicity Services in January 1990.
The company has operated across 83 countries in sports management, freelance journalism, public relations, television production, new product launch and photographic fields.