Tom Chiappe moved one-step closer to the 2018 F4-s title in Sharjah this morning.
Tom Chiappe led his rivals from the rolling start of the 25-lap opening race and began to edge clear of Alexander Lindholm and Max Stilz, as Mohammed Al-Mehairbi got pushed wide early on but managed to find a way passed Ahmed Al-Fahim and into fifth behind Sam Whittle.
The boats held their positions after the opening eight laps, despite Team Abu Dhabi’s Rashed Al-Remeithi falling by the wayside after six, and the procession continued through halfway.
Distances began to appear between the boats as the procession ran on unabated and Chiappe’s lead grew to 6.03 seconds after 16 tours of the course.
There were no late dramas and the Frenchman sealed his third win in seven days by 13.00 seconds to take an eight-point championship advantage into the final race on Saturday.
Lindholm passed the chequered flag in second, Stilz was third and Al-Mehairbi shadowed Whittle over the line in fifth to bring the procession to a welcome conclusion.
The twelfth and final race of the series will be held on Saturday.
GRAND PRIX OF SHARJAH 2018 – F4-s RACE 1
1st) Tom Chiappe
2nd) Alexander Lindholm + 13.00
3rd) Max Stilz + 16.35
4th) Sam Whittle + 30.27
5th) Mohammed Al Mehairbi + L1
6th) Bingchen Wu + L1
7th) Ali Allanjawi + L1
8th) Ahmad Al Fahim + L1
9th) Rashed Al Remeithi RET
2018 F4 Trophy – positions after race 11:
1. Tom Chiappe (FRA) Emirates Racing Team 125pts
2. Max Stilz (DEU) Blaze Performance 117pts
3. Sam Whittle (GBR) F1 Atlantic Team 109pts
4. Mohammed Al-Mehairbi (UAE) Team Abu Dhabi 105pts
5. Ahmed Al-Fahim (UAE) Victory Team 72pts
6. Alexander Lindholm (FIN) Team Amaravati 68pts
7. Wu Bingchen (CHN) CTIC F1 China Team 54pts
8. Pedro Fortuna (PRT) Team Sweden 35pts
9. Ben Jelf (GBR) Team Amaravati 27pts
10. Rudolf Mihaldinecz (HUN) Mad-Croc Baba Racing Team 22pts
11. Xavier Autard (FRA) Maverick Racing 21pts
12. Quentin Dailly (FRA) Maverick Racing 17pts
13. Ali Allanjawi (UAE) Victory Team 11pts
14. Camille Broutechoux (FRA) Maverick Racing 8pts
15. Joris Colleret (FRA) Maverick Racing 7pts
16. Rashed Al-Remeithi (UAE) Team Abu Dhabi 6pts
17. Louise Vella (AUS) Mad-Croc Baba Racing Team 5pts
18. Ian Gonsalves (GUY) Maverick Racing 3pts