The 31-year-old Emirati continued where he left off in the qualifying heat to dominate Moto 1 Freestyle with a potent array of acrobatics that impressed the judges in terms of variety, quantity, entertainment and style.
An array of barrel-rolls, back-flips, reverse 360s, fountains and combinations and quick and smooth transfers gave him 90 points.
The success enabled Al-Mulla to continue his 100% winning streak so far this season. Portugal’s Paulo Nunes claimed second with 63 points whereas the UAE’s Ali Abdeljalil ended up third, gaining an overall score of 52 points.
2018 UIM-ABP World Championship – Grand Prix of Sharjah
Freestyle – Moto 1
- Rashid Al-Mulla (UAE) – 90 pts
- Paulo Nunes (POR) – 63 pts
- Ali Abdeljalil (UAE) – 52 pts
- Alexander Kuramshin (RUS) – 51 pts
- Alberto Camarlengo (ITA) – 45 pts
- Roberto Mariani (ITA) – 25 pts